Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm back!

Unfortunately, I lost past postings. However, Greg's got me back up again and saved my most recent post.

First off. We need (at the SDCIA) some help: 1) someone to help with the SDCIA web site. and 2) someone to help with the monthly SDCIA newsletter. Interested parties can contact me at bill@sdcia.com.

This week I'll attend Bruce Norris' Multi-Millionaire Maker seminar in Ontario. Do I recommend it? Heck yes! It's not cheap; however it's a tremendous value. Bruce has a lot of pride and puts lots of valuable and applicable content into his seminars. And Stephanie leads the staff that puts a lot of thought into what they can do to make things better, easier or special for attendees. Also, like the best seminars out there, you get almost as much an education from other attendees. One of the special touches is that they record the event and attendees get a copy of the seminar in CD and DVD form. And they are both of excellent quality.

Next week I'll attend John Schaub's class in Costa Mesa. I'm not sure how many of John's classes I've attended over the past two decades. Why do I continue to go? Because John teaches students how to make money in any part of the real estate cycle AND in California too! And at a very reasonable price.

One thing I appreciate about these educators is that they actually teach the classes. And you don't have other "special guests" get up in front of the group that are really just there to sell their products as an additional profit center for the seminar. This seems wrong to me. People pay thousands of dollars to attend a seminar and have other gurus come in to teach a little and sell a lot. Folks can attend local real estate groups and pay a nominal fee to see those same gurus teach & sell, not thousands. Or we can attend the Real Wealth Expos & other conferences/conventions that come to town and feature knowledgable speakers and their products over several days for free or a small admission charge! What are your thoughts of paying to see other gurus pitch their products?

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Bill Tan's Blog said...

Shahin, I just noticed your comment. John's primarily known for his "Making it Big o Little Deals" class. It's this weekend in Costa Mesa. He comes out West twice annually: in November for the "Making It Big... class" and his Advanced class in April in Las Vegas. John is from Florida & most of his classes are usually in Tampa. www.JohnSchaub.com. The classes usually are $595 for 3 days of instruction. John shows us ways to buy in every market. Rates are low, however house values are dropping quickly right now. Hope that helps. B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home