Friday, November 02, 2007

Oh oh say can you see by the fires’ burning light. Boy was that true last week! I was one the million people that evacuated San Diego county due to the fires. We were fortunate in that we didn’t suffer any loss. However some of our friends weren’t as fortunate. I truly hope that you weren’t one of those unfortunates. If you were I hope you’re getting the assistance you need.

I ran away because I have asthma and have a need to breathe. We returned this past Sunday evening. The air was still bad. I actually evacuated to “SmelLA”; where I originally moved from due to the polluted air…

What will these fires mean to Southern California? Here’s what I think:
- The price of single family properties will either: slow the free-fall or stop.
- Rents will rise as vacancies disappear.
- Jobs, especially in construction and lending, will come back.
- The economy of the area will improve.

Why? Well several reasons:
- The government will bring in emergency funds & low interest loans to repair the damage caused by the fires.
- Construction workers will come back into the area because of the newly created jobs to rebuild the houses that burned.
- The people that lost their houses first moved into local hotels, in with friends or left the area. They will need places to live in order to continue with their lives.
- Those same people need to replace the items they lost. So grocery stores, home improvement stores, etc., will sell more stuff.
- The very slow and ponderous building permit process will be streamlined and faster. So now might be a very good time to add on a bedroom & bath to all those old 2 bedroom, one bath bungalows. You will improve the marketability, value & get more rent.

I’m sure you can think of lots of others reasons.

So if you can purchase a property properly and have property management skills… now’s a good time to invest locally again.

I wish you... Invest Intelligently!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home