Friday, May 30, 2008

Another creepy matter. Some of you (hopefully all of you) received an email from ME a couple of weeks ago. If you didn't here it is:

Hello Everyone. I have some disturbing news.

A handout for a 2-day event THIS weekend in San Diego included my name, supposed signature & endorsement on the last page.

I DO NOT support this event & the SDCIA DOES NOT support this event either. My name & signature were forged!!!

I hope you do not attend. If you do go; LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARDS & CHECKBOOK AT HOME!!! Protect yourself. They committed forgery just to get you there...

Can you tell I'm displeased?

I sincerely wish that you & your loved ones take the opportunity to enjoy the great weather this weekend!


An email with my picture & endorsement also went out! I didn't know about that either...

Actually, I ALWAYS tell people that go to a sales fest like that to leave their credit cards & check book at home. You should listen to all of the speakers & if you feel that you must own ONE of the courses; contact the event's organizer & buy it AFTER the event. Give yourself a couple of days to cool off.

People buy on emotion & justify it with logic. Many won't purchase if they have a "cooling off" period immediately afterward. Besides, we make most gurus seminars available to members to borrow from the SDCIA library. If you feel it's worthwhile, then go to the author & purchase it. Or go to the public library & check out books literally for free!

Just remember that if you attend a presentation, most of today's presenters are professional sales people or have been trained to think & present like a salesperson. They think in terms of converting to sales a high percentage of the audience; not educating them.

The SDCIA isn't concerned with sales; we don't take a pecentage of our speaker's sales. That's why everyone wants to speak to the group. Our philosophy is to put speakers in front of our group that teach first & then offer products for sale.

That philosophy is only shared by a few other real estate investor groups locally: North San Diego Real Estate Investors (www.nsdrei.com) in Vista, Investors Workshops (www.investorsworkshops.com) in the city of Orange & the Commonwealth Group in Anaheim. Attend their meetings if & when you can; I do.

I wish you... Intelligent Investing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home